BayHouse
BayHouse Home BayHouse FAQ BayHouse Services

Forum   Topics   Tree View   Keyword Search
Credit Forum    CreditCourt Forum   2003 Credit Suit   CreditFactors   Order Credit Reports

ARM Computer is selling ON-SITE warranties with NO intentions of providing ON-SITE service

BayHouse Credit Forum: Notebooks - (Cell) Phone Service - ISPs - Web Hosting - InterNIC: ARM Computer - my request for full refund and my apology for recommending them: ARM Computer is selling ON-SITE warranties with NO intentions of providing ON-SITE service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 07:43 pm Click here to edit this post
7/10/00: After days of faxing/phoning I spoke with Salman and got this E-mail:

"Christine
I jusp spoke to Wendy
She is telling me that YOU DID NOT PLACE ORDER. You were arguing that it should be under warranty.

SHE HAS NO ORDER FOR YOU.

If you want the Keyboard, you MUST ORDER IT. If you think it is no physical damage and it should be covered under the warranty then you must obtain an RMA number and send it in for warranty REPLACEMENT.

I have your ADDRESS, I will wait for your call or email for this ISSUE.

Again, the keyboard is NOT ON ORDER for you untill I receive a call or email from you.

Tel 800-765-1767 ext 2521
Fax 408-434-1089 Attn: Salman"

My reply:

"Subject: Re: URGENT

So typical. I only told her about 5 times that I'm on my way to Alaska and need the replacement ASAP. I don't know what to do, half my E-mails to ARM aren't read, I call, and it's like talking to a rock. She told me that I had to fax the warranty, which I did immediately. I can't believe that, it's just UNBELIEVABLE!

Of course I want the warranty to pay for it, but I don't care if I'm charged until you get the defect.

I'll just pay for it and then send the defective key board back for credit.

How much is it?

Christine"

Salman's reply:

"Subject: Re: URGENT

IAM sorry but it does not work this way. Warranty states very clearly that you will need to send the computer in for it to be worked on. The computer must be here for us to replace the keyboard if it is covered by warranty.,

If you wish to purchase an extra keyboard then let me know so. You cannot buy a new part and then return the old one stating to credit you under warranty.

Please advise to order or not. thanx !"

That f..... liar! Here is what my warranty states, and it is also what I faxed to them:

"Warranty # 793916
Date of Purchase 6/21/98
Service Plan includes on-site service, all parts & labor, and unlimited telephone support. (subject to normal use.)
Expires 4 years from the date of User purchase."

The # for the warranty is 800-367-7794. Integrated Automation Int'l.

From talking to THEM, and then talking to ARM Computer, mostly Salman, I know that there was a law suit, and IAI is NOT honoring the warranty.

I was told ARM Computer would honor the warranty and that ARM Computer was STILL selling those warranties last year. That's what I would have gotten if Salman didn't reneg on his quote for the 30i.

Now, I didn't really expect them to drive 1500 miles to exchange my keyboard, but why NOT charge my credit card for the new keyboard and then credit back when the defect arrives?

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 08:11 pm Click here to edit this post
7/11/01 I respond:

Subject: Re: URGENT

How many more times do I have to ask HOW MUCH this damn keyboard is????

At 03:40 PM 7/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>IAM sorry but it does not work this way. Warranty states very clearly
>that you will need to send the computer in for it to be worked on.

No, MY warranty states that it is ON SITE and you will deliver parts and install them for me.

Salman responded:

"Chritine
for the last time I am satating to you nicely, donot use Fowl language with me. I am not your slave. I made myself very clear yesterday that I am willing to extra mileage ONLY and ONLY if we
deal on a friendly and professional manner.

The keyboard is $75
Thanx"

I responded, and I was furious:

"Subject: Will you pay for shipping under warranty and can you follow specific instructions?

Mr. Nasir:

Do you pay for having my machine shipped to you and then up to Alaska under the warranty?

And, how long will it take to get the machine repaired?

Do you think you can follow specific instructions such as:

CALL when the machine is ready, and then HOLD the machine until I give you a shipping address at a POSTOFFICE. Must be shipped via postal service,
of course.

Please advise.

Oh, and I deeply apologize for using the word "damned." Mr. Nasir, I first called Armcomputer a week ago about my keyboard. I've talked to 2 different people, kept getting transferred to VM hell. I finally spoke with Wendy, who insisted that I needed to fax the warranty. I then spent about 45 minutes to get a copy of the cardboard warranty to go through my printer to make a copy and then fax.

THEN I waited for a call or E-mail back, which of course DID NOT happen, although I had specifically requested so on my fax. BTW, the warranty was faxed to ATTN. Wendy and Salman Nasir.

Then we talked yesterday on the phone and you assured me that you'd do everything possible to work with me. Your warranty policy is NOT helpful, I have NEVER dealt with a company who had a worse policy.

It is a normal business practice to charge a customer for a part and then credit back upon receipt of the defective part, done it about 20+ times in the last 10 years.

I have no idea why one would require the entire machine when one could just send out the keyboard. You're just soooo accomodating at ARM!

I'm going to be on the road by this weekend and I have a ZILLION things to do. Instead of packing, I'm UNPACKING, looking for hard copy warranties because the warranty date, #, and name aren't in your system.

I have spent $6,000 + in the last 2 years at Armcomputer. $3,000 on a machine I've never been able to use productively, 90% of what I did was format c:, reinstall, format c:/, reinstall .... then the LCD got loose and I didn't use it at all for the maps and GPS while in Alaska.

Then I took it to ARM for repair, after only 7 months of ownership, and a couple of weeks of productive use. ARM did a shoddy repair job and refused to cover it under warranty, charged me $75 for installing two oversized screws.

One week later, I again brought the machine back because the LCD was loose again. Willie Wong told me to NOT have it repaired but to continue using it.

Of course the hinge broke just a few weeks later. I was so disgusted, I put the machine into storage. Then you told me in your E-mail that you couldn't look the machine up without serial number.

I then drove 500 miles to get it out of storage. I E-mailed you the serial number TWICE, you DID NOT RESPOND.

This machine is just over 2 years old, and I had purchased the machine and the 4-year ON-SITE warranty directly from YOU. Yet you have no record of this machine/warranty on your system.

I'm dealing with a bunch of completely incompetent people who could NOT CARE LESS about my keyboard.

So, very nicely, I'm asking you:

1) Do you pay for having my machine shipped to you and then up to Alaska under the warranty?

2) And, how long will it take to get the machine repaired? I.e. When can I expect the machine to be ready to ship to me?

3) Do you think you can follow specific instructions such as:

CALL when the machine is ready, and then HOLD the machine until I give you a shipping address at a POSTOFFICE in Alaska.

Must be shipped postal service, of course.

Please advise.

Christine Baker

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 08:42 pm Click here to edit this post
Salman responded: "Here are you answers any way.
1. ARM will pay UPS Ground shipping back to you for warranty repairs. It is your responsibility to send it in to us."

How many times did I say POST OFFICE in my last mail?

There was no way I would ship anything I want BACK or need anytime soon to ARM Computer.

It took them about a WEEK to put the 2 oversized screws in the 30i hinge. *I* could have done that myself, in less than 5 minutes and for 20 cents for the screws.

Of course I ended up paying for the keyboard.

We had another 10 e-mails or so, and throughout this "process" of getting the keyboard ordered we also had several long phone calls.

To prove how he wanted to work with me, Salman paid for Fed Ex.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Topics     Tree View     Keyword Search     Program Credits   Administration

Credit Forum    CreditCourt Forum   2003 Credit Suit   CreditFactors   Order Credit Reports