BayHouse
BayHouse Home BayHouse FAQ BayHouse Services

Forum   Topics   Tree View   Keyword Search
Credit Forum    CreditCourt Forum   2003 Credit Suit   CreditFactors   Order Credit Reports

My futile attempts to get the invoice for the 30i from ARM Computer

BayHouse Credit Forum: Notebooks - (Cell) Phone Service - ISPs - Web Hosting - InterNIC: ARM Computer - my request for full refund and my apology for recommending them: My futile attempts to get the invoice for the 30i from ARM Computer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 03:51 pm Click here to edit this post
On 5/16/2000, nearly a month later, Salman Nasir responded to my April 21 demand for a full refund:

Dear Christine
Hi, This is Salman. I am surprised at this email. Please email me directly and let me know what is going on. I am not aware of this situation. Please let me know what is happening and what has prompted you to be so upset. Thanx !

Tel 800-765-1767 ext 2521
Fax 408-434-1089 Attn: Salman"

I responded:

Salman,

I think my posting says it all.

http://www.bayhouse.com/discus/messages/17/516.html?956366090

I just joined a legal plan and I'm not going to let this slide.

Christine Baker

----------------------------

Salman responded:

"Dear Christine
I do nto understand all of that.
Is the computer defective ?
Is it with you ?
Is it in warranty ?
Please answer the above so I can take care of it for you. I would hate to see a friendship and a good relationship go sour over a piece of hardware. I am here to support you so why don't we resolve this issue for you. Thanx !"

I replied:

Salman,

yes, it's defective. In several ways:

1) I got those port error msgs on newly formatted drives during windows installs, often I couldn't access the a:drive.

2) the LCD hinge broke after the shoddy repair in October which I had to PAY for in Oct. while the machine was under full warranty! (purchased Feb. 99)

3) the optional 2nd hard drive case has never been available.

Willie Wong told me that I was charged $75 for the LCD repair (which wasn't a repair at all, they just added oversized screws to the SAME hinge) because of the bad shape the machine was in. However, there wasn't as much as a scratch on it, and I'd say the fact that I've been using the TS 753 and the TS 758 without any problems PROVES that I've done nothing wrong.

Not to mention that I got screwed out of a couple hundred dollars on the credit refund for the machine I returned when I bought the 30i.

AND of course, I inquired about all these problems NUMEROUS times, in person and via E-mail, nothing was ever resolved. Nobody EVER responded.

The warranty is now expired, and I don't want that lemon "repaired." I've never been able to actually use that machine for more than a few weeks, I constantly had to format the hard drive and reinstall windows.

I want my money back. And if I have to go to court, I'll also want compensation for the incredible amount of time I have wasted on all these problems.

Christine

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 03:53 pm Click here to edit this post
I read this today, and Salman is talking about our "friendship" and "good relationship" and I just don't understand why they would screw me like that.

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 03:58 pm Click here to edit this post
Still on 5/16/200, Salman responds:

Dear Christine
You know that this computer has won many different best buy awards and it is the same machine as DELL. At the same time I understand your situation and frustration that you had to have it repaired for 2-3 times. But that does not mean that the product is lemon. It is a piece of hardware and hardware can go defective. That is why the warranty is there.

If you wish you can bring it to me and I will track all the RMA numbers so we can take care of this. If it is so that we have not repaired it properly, then we will repair it at no cost. That is not a problem. Unfortunately one year money back is not possible.

Look all I am trying to say is calm down and give me a chance to help you. We have been friends over years and I do not want that gone in one instant.

Lets take a step at a time.

As far as your credit is concerend I remember that I adjusted the price of the computer for you to compensate for the return of the TS1100. The $200 were adjusted there. Originally you dodo want any other machine and the return was after 30 days so to avoid the standard restocking fee I gave you the $200 off the rpice of this computer. I also Gave you teh $45 off for the AC Adapter that you returned after a while.

anycase, I want to take care of you and your computer. So please let me know if you can send it in with a current list of problems and previous RMA numbers so I can fight for you. Thanx!

I responded:

I'm not interested in your lies or any repairs. See you in court.

Christine

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 04:20 pm Click here to edit this post
Regulars know that I was looking for an attorney then and I joined that legal plan (see the postings in legal.)

I meant it then, and I mean it today. I will sue those bastards. There were no adjustments for the price. Actually, that's not true either, he adjusted the price UP $200 from the time he quoted me to when I picked up the machine.

Can you believe this????? He knew I was on the road, had a friend with me, and I wasn't going to leave without a new computer because we had talked about the mapping software and GPS I got for desert exploring.

Had Salman told me that a 20% restocking fee applied, I wouldn't have returned that machine. I DO have his E-mails and never once did he mention a restocking fee. Liar!

"I also Gave you teh $45 off for the AC Adapter that you returned after a while."

WHAT? He makes no sense. I returned the adapter (still in the original shipping package, never opened) and received NO credit.

Unfortunately, *I* also didn't receive a receipt for returning the adapter. I took his word for it. After all, he IS the sales manager.

But since he acknowledged my return of the adapter in his e-mail, it will be difficult to deny it now in Court. It'll be up to Salman to show where I received a $45 credit.

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 04:28 pm Click here to edit this post
On 5/17/2000 Salman replied:

"Dear Christine
I am shocked at what you are telling me. I am trying to help you in good faith. If you do not wish me to help you then fine. But I donot appreciate you calling me a liar. It is nothing personal, I am trying to help. Let me know if you want to proceed with my suggested way. If not, then thanx anyway. Bye!"

I responded:

"Subject: request for itemized invoice 30i

Salman,

Please E-mail me the cost of the 30i, itemized for all components. I'd like to see the regular price, then the "cash" discount and any other *supposed* discounts.

I DO have your E-mails advising that I could bring the other machine back and there is absolutely NO mention of a restock fee. Also, when do the 30 days start?

And remember that I do have a witness to all our in person discussions as well as my cash payment.

Thank you,

Christine

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 04:55 pm Click here to edit this post
Still 5/17/2000, Salman responds:

"Dear Christine
The TS30i2 is discontinued so I do not have an exact cost. Please email me the serial number to see if I can find something for you.
Thanx !"

I responded:

"Salman,

I don't have the serial #. I'm talking about the lemon I bought in 2/99 from you. I paid cash and received no written quote or invoice.

I am hereby requesting the invoice with the specs as requested in my last mail.

S> Please E-mail me the cost of the 30i, itemized for all components. I'd
> like to see the regular price, then the "cash" discount and any other
> *supposed* discounts.

My name is Christine Baker, and I've previously bought the TS 753 and TS 758 from you. You had the 30i for repairs in Oct.99. I hope that's sufficient info to find my records.

Thanks,

Christine"

Salman replied:

"Dear Christine. I need to knowe what cpu you have how much hard disk how much ram and what size screen cd or dvd. Then I can give you an approximate cost as of today. I do not remember a transaction cost of two years ago.

Where is the computer ? The serial number is listed at the bottom of the computer."

I replied:

"Subject: Re: Request for itemized invoice for the 30i I bought from you 2/99

Salman, why the hell would I want to know what this lemon you sold me costs today????? It is WORTHLESS! I want to know what I PAID FOR!!!!

Do I want to buy another one?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU are supposed to keep RECORDS.

I think I'm going to file a complaint with the AG before I sue. I'm really really tired of your idiotic games.

Yeah, ARM Computer should be shut down or at least severely fined. I cannot believe this. You can't possibly be as dimwitted as you act.

I gave you a lot of cash in 2/99. If I don't have a copy of my INVOICE in my E-mail by Monday, the complaint goes to the AG. Maybe they can get you to supply me with the invoice.

Christine Baker

Salman replied:

"Dear MS. Baker
Besides my several attempts of helping you in a kind and friendly manner you continue to redicule me and our company. At this moment the only way I will help you if you give me your serial number so i can find some records. besides that I cannot help you. Neither I will reply to your emails if you continue to accuse me of defrauding you.

Let me know if you wish to deal with me and are able to identify a person who is trying to help you. Thank you !"

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 05:05 pm Click here to edit this post
Am I able to identify a person who is trying to help me?

Do YOU think he's trying to help me?

I don't think so.

The real question is: Is Salman Nasir as stupid as he acts?

Notice how I made the subject as specific as possible: "Request for itemized invoice for the 30i I bought from you 2/99"

I've sure seen a lot over the years. NEVER have I seen anything as ridiculous as Salman's attempts to wear me out by acting STUPID.

I did NOT file that complaint with the California AG. All I ever got was form letters in response to my complaints. I don't think they'd care. I might try just sending this entire topic to the AG.

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 05:12 pm Click here to edit this post
On 5/22/00 I responded:

Dear Mr. Nasir:

Are you telling me that you can NOT look up my records without the serial number?

If this machine burned up in a fire or was stolen, you could not find my records? That's after having purchased ** 3 ** computers from ARM Computer?

Are you telling me that I now need to drive 500 miles to get the serial number off that machine?

I obviously don't haul a broken computer around.

I'd appreciate your yes/no answers.

Thank you,

Christine Baker"

I just looked everywhere, could not find Salman's response, don't recall ever getting one.

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 05:14 pm Click here to edit this post

Mr. Nasir:

I drove 500 miles to get the machine out of storage:

9023510B110042A

Now what?

Christine Baker"

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 05:19 pm Click here to edit this post
On 7/3/00 I wrote:

Subject: Re: Request for itemized invoice for the 30i I bought from you 2/99

7/3/00

Hello?

How much longer do I have to wait for my invoice?

------------------------------------------------
6/14/00

Mr. Nasir:

I drove 500 miles to get the machine out of storage:

9023510B110042A

Now what?

Christine Baker"

No response was ever received.

However, shortly after, my keyboard on the TS 758 broke. That was another ordeal, I'll post that in a separate topic.

I got to talk to Salman on the phone and he stated that it is my responsibility to keep track of my purchase. He claimed again that I was given an invoice.

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 06:52 pm Click here to edit this post
And I found more E-mail, now it's 7/12 and the "keyboard issue" got my attention back on ARM Computer:

Mr. Nasir,

The E-mails below, dated 7/3 and 6/14, are on my machine and I can PROVE that they were mailed out. I suggest you look into the Armcomputer mail system if you really didn't get them. I sure didn't get a response.

Or was I not polite enough?

I have to say that I find your DEMANDS for me to provide you with YOUR RMAs to be extremely strange. You keep taking my money, yet you don't have any records. What do you do after you issue an RMA and after selling computers? You just delete it all? Round file?

Well, since you promised that you would find my invoice with the serial number, and I drove 500 miles to get the machine out of storage, I'd really appreciate that itemized invoice now.

Thank you,

Christine Baker"

Salman responded:

"Christine
I am not aboe look up any extended warranty on TS30i2. I was able to find the warranty number on TS758.

Please email me the IAI warranty number for the TS30i2 Thanx !"

Now he's looking for the extended warranty for the 30i. I never had one. Never said I did. All I wanted was the invoice. It's only been a few weeks since we had that massive E-mail exchange over that invoice. Does Salman have amnesia?

Can't he read the subject?

Christine Baker (Admin)

Friday, February 02, 2001 - 06:58 pm Click here to edit this post
7/12/00:

To: salman.nasir@armcomputer.com
Subject: Re: Request for itemized invoice for the 30i I bought from you 2/99

Mr. Nasir:

As you KNOW, you never gave me an invoice. Not for the TS 758, and not for the 30i. I don't remember how I bought the TS 753, but I suspect I got an invoice because it is in your system. At the time I bought the TS 758 and the 30i, you told me that I had to bring cash because I was getting "a special deal."

Specifically, AFTER we negotiated the of $2,700 including the extended warranty, I requested that you charge the difference between the return of the machine I had bought the previous month to my credit card.

You then told me that the price was so low, I had to bring cash. When I brought the cash a few days later, you informed me that you could no longer include the warranty in that price.

As I was supposed to be in Tucson by that time, and I had only stayed in town waiting for you to get my machine ready, I had no choice but to accept the new deal. I was not happy.

So, now, due to all the accounting problems, as posted at http://www.bayhouse.com/discus/messages/17/17.html?961566449, I have been asking you for an itemized invoice for several months now. You stated that you needed the serial number.

I drove 500 miles to get it.

PLEASE tell me what I paid for!

Thank you,

Christine Baker

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Topics     Tree View     Keyword Search     Program Credits   Administration

Credit Forum    CreditCourt Forum   2003 Credit Suit   CreditFactors   Order Credit Reports